Saturday, March 17, 2012

House of the Irish... For a day anyway.

This morning I was woken by a little voice telling me
"Mom! Mom! The 'Patricks' came last night. Them left little feet pwints all over!"


The hubs and I did have a little bit of fun.


Back when I was in High School my friends and I watched a ridiculous horror movie called,
"The Leprechaun."
A movie in which a murderous leprechaun terrorizes a group of friends intent on getting back his gold.
The only way the friends could get away from him was to throw shoes at him.
The psychotic leprechaun had no choice but to polish any shoe in his path.
I told you it was a stupid movie.
Courtney Cox was in it though ;-)

Anyway, it was from that movie that I got the idea that leprechauns have a shoe fetish.
So whenever they come to our house they mess up all of our shoes.

The hubs was in charge of shoe placement. He did a great job.
He was also in charge of turning the milk and toilet water green.
Once again, he excelled in his duties.

In order to make little green foot prints I cut a shoe stamp out of a potato.
Then I just mixed green craft paint with a little dish soap (so the craft paint cleans up easier)
and stamped footprints all over the place.

Mixing it with the soap works pretty well. To quote son#4,

"You can just wipe all of dese feet pwints up wif a wet towel.
I was wubbing one wif a piece of ice and it staowted to come wight off!"


We hung a few paper streamers from the ceiling,
And left out a bowl of gold nuggets.
Sons #3 and #4 are still young enough to think this is really funny.

Son #1 was gone last night at a scout camp so he missed the whole thing :-(
And son #3 conspiratorially whispered in my ear,
"It was really you and dad who did this huh. *giggle giggle*
Don't worry I won't ruin it for my brothers."

*sigh* These boys are getting way too big.

At least I'm not to old for having fun on St. Patricks Day!


Top of the mornin' to you!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...